Working at Toad&Co
Toad&Co is a great place to work. But don't take our word for it, we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Outside Magazine five times!
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently three positions open at Toad&Co:
Toad&Co Ecommerce Customer Service Representative
Toad&Co Materials Manager
Retail Sales Floor Lead/ Visual Merchandiser
Position: Toad&Co Ecommerce Customer Service Representative
Reports To:User & Customer Experience Manager
The Direct to Consumer/ Ecommerce Customer Service Representative will build brand awareness, trust and loyalty by providing an exceptional customer experience. This position will support all aspects of customer service via written and verbal commutation with our direct customer. This is an entry-level position.
- Provide excellent customer service:
- Troubleshoot and provide accurate information to customer questions or concerns related to orders, garments, shipments, returns, exchanges, web experience, and company service & environmental initiatives
- Work with a team to process returns and exchanges and ensure a smooth transaction for the customer
- Participate in team meetings and report any customer service related issues
- Monitor web site reviews and respond appropriately to any customer service issues
- Utilize all systems accurately and efficiently
- Provide customer insights to the management team
- Work with cross functional teams to solve customer issues and to improve the overall processes
- Contribute to the evolution and documentation of department processes
- Assist with additional departmental tasks/projects as assigned to help support the growing Ecommerce business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, self-starting, problem-solver with strong follow through skills
- Extensive web knowledge and navigation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to quickly learn new systems and grasp technological concepts
- Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well within a team environment while still accountable to individual goals
- Prior customer service experience helpful, but not required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must enjoy human interaction
Position: Toad&Co Materials Manager
Reports To: Director of Supply Chain
Location: Santa Barbara
The Materials Manager is the point person for all matters related to the fabrics that go into each Toad&Co product and is responsible for sourcing, initiating and tracking fabric developments for each season. Materials Manager initiates new developments which are appropriate for the brand aesthetic. As the primary factory contact for all raw materials, the Materials Manager ensures that each factory has clear information and specs that allows them to provide materials that meet Toad&Co requirements for function, performance, quality and aesthetics. Materials Manager must understand the technical aspects of textiles, finishes, washes, dyeing and printing and can work with our vendors to achieve desired qualities as well as troubleshoot, problem-solve and challenge as needed. This position is responsible for setting up and maintaining a materials library and archive for fabrics and trims. The Materials Manager works closely with the Director of Design/Design team, Director of Supply Chain and PLM to meet price point targets and margin goals and works collaboratively and creatively with the entire product team to ensure thoughtfully executed products while helping to reduce the environmental impacts of all that we do.
- Drive innovation. Bring new, unique & brand appropriate fabrics to Design/Product team. Initiate, source, develop and track fabrics from initial concept to production. Identify requirements for performance, quality, cost and sustainability. Communicate effectively internally with all members of the product team acting as the hub of materials development.
- Create, maintain and manage complete records for all materials. Document and seasonally update detailed information including composition, construction, weight, finishes, washes, MOQs and costs for all fabrics via Toad&Co Materials chart. Track seasonal developments to ensure timely movement through the product development process. Create and maintain a library of relevant materials by fabric type & vendor that is well-organized and searchable. Maintain a historical seasonal archive of Toad&Co materials, yarn-dyes and prints.
- Communicate effectively with mills and factories as their primary Toad&Co contact on the development and approval of materials. This includes lab dips and care/content labels. Manage the timeline so that specified materials meet salesman samples and bulk production deadlines.
- Insure that the appropriate Toad&Co textile testing standards are provided to each vendor and that all fabrics meet or exceed the minimum performance requirements for quality and environmental compliance. Work to continually reduce the environmental footprint of our materials and processes helping evaluate the trade offs between cost, minimums and overall impact. Help integrate the heightened sustainability into our raw materials decisions.
- Participate in fit sessions working with design/product team to execute design intention related to fabrics and stay within Toad&Co fit standards. Communicate knowledge of cost challenges related to materials used in prototypes and work with design team to suggest cost saving solutions as needed.
- Partner with the Production Team to support the sourcing strategy for each season and to problem-solve any fabric issues that occur during the production stage. Review QC fabric problems with Production and factories to evaluate and clarify issues.
- Support Sales team by providing accurate technical fabric descriptions for seasonal workbooks.
- Travel as needed for fabric sourcing development and trade shows.
- Thorough understanding of fabric manufacturing processes for knits & wovens.
- Working knowledge and understanding of garment production.
- Familiarity with sustainability issues associated with fiber and textile production.
- 5 years of experience in textile industry working with knits & woven fabrics, all content types.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to obtain information from various systems.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
Position: Sales Floor Lead/ Visual Merchandiser
Reports To: Retail Manager
Location: Freeport, ME
We are hiring for the position of Sales Floor Lead / Visual Merchandiser of our Freeport, ME flagship store. We're looking for someone comfortable jumping right into a leadership position, who's willing to listen, learn quickly and hit the floor running. The right person is experienced in spotting what needs to be done and can prioritize tasks. This person will be key in both setting our sales team in motion and executing the look and feel of our store.
We offer a lively, team-based atmosphere and a customer base that is loyal and growing. Our customers share our belief that every decision we make can be a socially and environmentally conscious one. Our team is full of motivated people who love to contribute ideas, so be ready to contribute.
The right person is comfortable being "in charge" when other leadership is not available and can take general guidelines and turn them into action. Retail experience, hopefully in the clothing and/or outdoor industry, is important. Experience in floor planning and merchandising is a huge asset. We're looking for someone with the capacity to lead and looking for someone who can grow to take on more leadership within our company.
Store is open 7 days per week. Number of scheduled hours per week may vary. Must be available to work minimum of one weekend day, one opening shift and one closing shift in a given week.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
- Sales Floor Responsibilities
- Maintain positive and open communication with others on the Store Leadership Team
- Be a role model for friendly and brand-oriented sales
- Assist with the hiring process
- Assist in training all new sales associates
- Participate in store events
- Prioritize and delegate daily tasks
- Assist in communicating company and store policies and guidelines
- Visual Merchandiser Responsibilities
- Bring the Toad&Co brand story to life
- Dress and Style Mannequins
- Plan and execute Window Displays
- Plan and execute in-store tables and rack merchandising
- Work with Management to create Overall Visual Merchandising Plan
- Relay merchandising standards to sales team and inspire the team to help execute the plan
- Other Responsibilities
- Store opening
- Store closing
- Securing the store
- Following loss prevention guidelines and train staff
- Possible occasional travel to trade shows, sales meetings, and/or shops in our wholesale dealer base
- Able to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention
- Able to reach overhead, bend, squat, kneel, and carry product, necessary for customer service, inventory re-stock and store merchandising
- Able to walk up and down staircase, carrying boxes, product, and other necessary store related items
- Ability to safely lift boxes up to 55 lbs
- Comfortable climbing ladders
- Store is open 7 days per week. Number of scheduled hours per week may vary. Must be available to work minimum of one weekend day, one opening shift and one closing shift in a given week