Working at Toad&Co
Toad&Co is a great place to work. But don't take our word for it, we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Outside Magazine five times!
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently four positions open at Toad&Co:
VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Toad&Co Administrative Analyst
Toad&Co Dealer Sales Rep West
Toad&Co Social Media Intern
Position:Toad&Co VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Department: Product Design
Reports To: CEO
Location: Santa Barbara
The Director of Merchandising and Design is the key liaison between the Design, Product Development, Production, Sales and Brand teams working to provide sales growth and margin optimization while ensuring distinctive, brand-right assortments. This position reports to the CEO and manages a team of direct reports.
- Merchandising Strategy & Product Design
- This role will require a thoughtful balance of innovation art and marketplace science, inspiration and analysis.
- Develop strategic merchandising initiatives in conjunction with company business and financial goals.
- Leverage customer knowledge and sales channel strategies for design, category and assortment optimization.
- Develop seasonal line plans to provide clear strategic direction at the beginning of each season on size of line, color, print, fabric, pricing, end use, style and SKU count by class.
- Lead seasonal merchandising & product innovation initiatives, including focused assortments for key accounts.
- Collaborate with Design & Product to drive assortment to hit sustainability goals
- Partner with Product Development to establish & manage master line development calendar & key milestones.
- Lead projections process for finished goods, working to meet sales plans and margin targets.
- Collaborate with sales channel leadership to establish inventory purchase parameters and sales optimization.
- Partner with Sales to create selling tools and catalogs for each season.
- Lead product presentations at Go-To-Market meetings.
- Communicate changes cross-functionally while working within production timeline, liaising with Production.
- Present quarterly and seasonal hindsight (sell in and sell through) and quarterly recaps to cross-functional teams.
- Drive sales and bookings analyses seasonally.
- Develop deep knowledge of customer, initiate and share learning with business partners
- Partner with CEO to drive plans for new category opportunities.
- Create and lead development of any special product related projects such as brand collaborations, SMUs, etc.
- Travel to key markets and tradeshows to understand competitive marketplace and customers’ needs.
- Report quarterly on key trends and brand relevance.
- Evolve product point of view and vision as necessary over time to remain appropriately innovative and relevant.
- Lead seasonal and strategic competitive pricing/shopping analysis and present relevant conclusions.
- As needed, travel to key accounts and new business development opportunities to present product line.
- Develop and manage design and merchandising teams and support their career development
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional partners and work collaboratively to achieve financial targets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of management level design and/or merchandising experience
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Deep understanding of the Outdoor marketplace, and the Toad&Co brand and culture
- Elevated taste level; ability to translate creative vision into commercial needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective business partner relationships
- An understanding of global market and the ability to grasp the cultural and commercial nuances
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities; learn on the fly and foster cohesion
- Exhibits a solutions-based, problem solving approach
- Highly analytical
- Collaborative with strong influencing skills
Position:Toad&Co Administrative Analyst
Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
This role will assist with systems data management, reporting and supply chain management. The administrative analyst will be responsible for data management including entering data and reporting on data across departments. Projects will require analysis of data for all areas of the business. In addition, this role will assist in the management of the supply chain; including oversight of shipments from factories through customs to our warehouse and back out to customers. This includes tracking shipments, coordinating with our freight forwarders, the warehouse and internal sales teams to ensure on time shipments.
- Supply Chain Management
- Manage inbound flow of product to ensure on time arrival
- Manage 3rd party relationship with the freight forwarder and warehouse
- Update seasonal trackers to ensure visibility
- Place purchase orders in NetSuite and report on accuracy
- Manage Systems Data
- Manage style information including assigning style numbers and color codes
- Upload all style information into Netsuite and ensure all data is complete and accurate
- Provide UPC files as needed
- Regular reporting in NetSuite to ensure all style records, customer records and order records are accurate and complete
- General system administration including weekly tasks such as uploading cancelled orders to $0, uploads to set orders to available, reporting on cancel reasons and populating line level data, managing list data, etc.
- Work with each department to understand their reporting needs and assist in building reports to meet those needs ensuring consistency in how we are viewing data as an organization
- Provide inventory reporting on a bi-monthly basis
- Work with the web team to ensure data is flowing accurately between our ERP and the website
- Assist the product team with line planning tools, data and metrics. Provide seasonal line planning template and re-populate data per the calendar
- Provide product performance reports for the product department
- Work with the finance team to assist with data and reporting
- Analytical and decision making skills with the ability to approach solutions thoughtfully
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with understanding of pivot tables, advanced formulas and data manipulation
- Experience with data management a plus
- • Experience in the apparel industry a plus
- Strong computer skills including minimum two years’ experience with basic Microsoft Windows operating platform: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication
Position:Toad&Co Dealer Sales Rep West
Reports To: Internal Sales Manager
Location: Santa Barbara
The Dealer Sales Rep, West, is responsible for providing outstanding service, order management, and relationship development of customers in the Wholesale Sales channel. This position is an essential support role for the Sales team, helping drive revenue and profitability. The role includes overall territory management responsibilities while serving as an ambassador of Toad&Co goals, principles, and culture.
- Provides support for wholesale team, dealers and reps as it relates to order management for accounts designated in the West Territory. Manage open orders, issue return authorizations and credits, and process and mitigate cancellation requests, while reporting relevant information to other company departments.
- Support in-house sales team and reps as account manager on key/focus accounts designated in the West Territory, with pre-line planning, detailed order review and analysis, and regular in-season communication with account ambassadors and buyers to track sell-through and proactively encourage at-once business.
- Provide expertise and training for reps and dealers related to company reporting tools and our B2B tool.
- Responsible for keeping Sales Showroom organized and assorted with appropriate season, images and mannequins.
- Ship seasonal brand guides, clinic cards, rep swag samples, etc., as requested.
- Represent the company via travel to key trade shows and dealer events. Will manage all aspects of the Conservation Alliance/Toad collaborative sale.
- Two years’ industry experience from sales, operations or retail management/merchandising
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Knowledge of the industry and/or account management preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills with an emphasis on successfully managing problems/issues
- Proven success in working with a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- High level of computer knowledge – Excel and Word required
- Ability to travel and work within varied business hours and weekends, especially during seasonal booking deadlines, key meetings and industry shows
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects or tools. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to engage in repetitive motion using wrists, fingers, hands and shoulders. The employee must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs
Working Conditions: During special events the position can be physically demanding.
Position:Toad&Co Social Media Intern
Department: Brand & Marketing
Reports To: Director , Brand & Marketing
Location: Santa Barbara
Toad&Co is seeking a Social Media Intern in Santa Barbara, CA. Compelling, shareable content is imperative in today’s digital marketplace and something that Toad&Co fans are eager to explore. The person filling this position will be a key player in keeping our existing community engaged while also recruiting new community members. By collaborating with partner companies, internet influencers and running contest based promotions, the community should grow exponentially with your oversights.
- Write, create and post content to social media networks
- Manage the publishing calendar, messaging, sourcing or creating the visual images for these posts, aligning to the content marketing strategy
- Monitor topics, threads and discussions of company, product and brand on news, Internet and social media
- Measure and report activity and brand presence with the rest of the marketing team
- Propose topics, themes, contests, formats and content that will engage audiences on social media and generate leads
- Serve as in-house expert and resource for all things social media #socialbutterfly
- Curate relevant content to reach audiences most likely to engage with our brand
- Implement best practices for social listening, uploading, tagging, reporting and optimization of channels
- Grow engagement, reach and impact through proactive campaigns and outreach to partner companies and internet influencers
- Track competition activity
- Work closely with most awesome Brand & Marketing team in the known universe
- Hands-on experience with online communities and social networking sites, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter account management
- Experience with various blog platforms (Wordpress preferred) and Photoshop
- Superior writing and copy editing skills including both spelling and grammar
- Undergraduate degree required
- Effective time and project management skills, with ability to organize and prioritize efficiently