Working at Toad&Co
Toad&Co is a great place to work. But don't take our word for it, we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Outside Magazine five times!
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently two positions open at Toad&Co:
VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Toad&Co Inventory Manager and Business Analyst
Position:Toad&Co VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Department: Product Design
Reports To: CEO
Location: Santa Barbara
The Director of Merchandising and Design is the key liaison between the Design, Product Development, Production, Sales and Brand teams working to provide sales growth and margin optimization while ensuring distinctive, brand-right assortments. This position reports to the CEO and manages a team of direct reports.
- Merchandising Strategy & Product Design
- This role will require a thoughtful balance of innovation art and marketplace science, inspiration and analysis.
- Develop strategic merchandising initiatives in conjunction with company business and financial goals.
- Leverage customer knowledge and sales channel strategies for design, category and assortment optimization.
- Develop seasonal line plans to provide clear strategic direction at the beginning of each season on size of line, color, print, fabric, pricing, end use, style and SKU count by class.
- Lead seasonal merchandising & product innovation initiatives, including focused assortments for key accounts.
- Collaborate with Design & Product to drive assortment to hit sustainability goals
- Partner with Product Development to establish & manage master line development calendar & key milestones.
- Lead projections process for finished goods, working to meet sales plans and margin targets.
- Collaborate with sales channel leadership to establish inventory purchase parameters and sales optimization.
- Partner with Sales to create selling tools and catalogs for each season.
- Lead product presentations at Go-To-Market meetings.
- Communicate changes cross-functionally while working within production timeline, liaising with Production.
- Present quarterly and seasonal hindsight (sell in and sell through) and quarterly recaps to cross-functional teams.
- Drive sales and bookings analyses seasonally.
- Develop deep knowledge of customer, initiate and share learning with business partners
- Partner with CEO to drive plans for new category opportunities.
- Create and lead development of any special product related projects such as brand collaborations, SMUs, etc.
- Travel to key markets and tradeshows to understand competitive marketplace and customers’ needs.
- Report quarterly on key trends and brand relevance.
- Evolve product point of view and vision as necessary over time to remain appropriately innovative and relevant.
- Lead seasonal and strategic competitive pricing/shopping analysis and present relevant conclusions.
- As needed, travel to key accounts and new business development opportunities to present product line.
- Develop and manage design and merchandising teams and support their career development
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional partners and work collaboratively to achieve financial targets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of management level design and/or merchandising experience
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Deep understanding of the Outdoor marketplace, and the Toad&Co brand and culture
- Elevated taste level; ability to translate creative vision into commercial needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective business partner relationships
- An understanding of global market and the ability to grasp the cultural and commercial nuances
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities; learn on the fly and foster cohesion
- Exhibits a solutions-based, problem solving approach
- Highly analytical
- Collaborative with strong influencing skills
Position:Toad&Co Inventory Manager and Business Analyst
Reports To: Director of Operations
Location: Santa Barbara
The Inventory Manager and Business Analyst is responsible for purchasing all inventory and optimizing inventory positions across sales channels. They will also be the hub for business intelligence. They will not only ensure effective KPI’s are in place at the company and department levels but make sure there is visibility to any variances. In addition, they will confirm that employees have the necessary visibility into the business to effectively manage their respective areas. This is a truly cross functional role that is integral to the success of the organization.
- Drive the seasonal forecasting process with sales reps and internal channels to facilitate materials and production planning.
- Coordinate sales sample buys with internal departments.
- Execution of bulk inventory seasonal buys; analysis of demand, forecasts and minimums to determine final buy quantities.
- In season inventory analysis to maximize inventory opportunities in all channels (whls, retail, web).
- Identify long inventory positions and develop strategy with sales teams to sell through product at the highest possible margin.
- Translate company and department KPI’s into ERP.
- Ensure visibility and communication if KPI’s are not tracking to plan.
- Help refine and build reports for users.
- Be the ‘hub’ of business intelligence sitting between ops, sales and product/merchant.
- Provide data analysis and executive summaries for product milestone meetings.
- Provide recommendations and product presentations for sales key account meetings.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes.
- Attention to detail with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- 5+ years of experience in the outdoor or apparel industry preferred.
- Inventory management experience preferred.