SlackMas? Restivus? It’s not quite a holiday, so most of us don’t officially get that week off, but for many of us, there’s not much actual work happening either. As the old year ends and a new year looms large on the horizon, we’re all hardwired to take a deep breath, seek out relaxation and have a little good, clean fun.
With that in mind, the Family Toad compiled a list of some things we recommend you consider doing this week:
10. Stay in your pajamas, and work from home (if you can get away with it).
9. Sleep in every morning and have coffee in bed.
8. Start to think about those New Years resolutions… but not too much.
7. Become your dog’s best friend again.
6. Take a hike every day.
5. Watch your favorite guilty pleasure movies for the fourth or fifth time. (Some HT perennial favorites are The Point, My Dinner with Andre, The Family Stone, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, Love Actually, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Big Wednesday and Annie Hall).
4. Detox from all the holiday parties. Pace yourself for New Years Eve.
3. Chill with a good book. The trashier the better.
2. Perfect a good soup recipe.
1. Tackle that one honey-do that’s been sitting there since last summer just so you can say you accomplished something this week.
How about you? How will you make the most (or least) of the Restivus break?