Working at Toad&Co
Toad&Co is a great place to work. But don't take our word for it, we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Outside Magazine seven times!
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and letter to email@example.com
There are currently multiple positions open at Toad&Co:
Toad&Co VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Toad&Co eCommerce Director
Technical Designer/Product Developer – Apparel
Position:Toad&Co VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Department: Product Design
Reports To: CEO
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Director of Merchandising and Design is the key liaison between the Design, Product Development, Production, Sales and Brand teams working to provide sales growth and margin optimization while ensuring distinctive, brand-right assortments. This position reports to the CEO and manages a team of direct reports.
- Merchandising Strategy & Product Design
- This role will require a thoughtful balance of innovation art and marketplace science, inspiration and analysis.
- Develop strategic merchandising initiatives in conjunction with company business and financial goals.
- Leverage customer knowledge and sales channel strategies for design, category and assortment optimization.
- Develop seasonal line plans to provide clear strategic direction at the beginning of each season on size of line, color, print, fabric, pricing, end use, style and SKU count by class.
- Lead seasonal merchandising & product innovation initiatives, including focused assortments for key accounts.
- Collaborate with Design & Product to drive assortment to hit sustainability goals
- Partner with Product Development to establish & manage master line development calendar & key milestones.
- Lead projections process for finished goods, working to meet sales plans and margin targets.
- Collaborate with sales channel leadership to establish inventory purchase parameters and sales optimization.
- Partner with Sales to create selling tools and catalogs for each season.
- Lead product presentations at Go-To-Market meetings.
- Communicate changes cross-functionally while working within production timeline, liaising with Production.
- Present quarterly and seasonal hindsight (sell in and sell through) and quarterly recaps to cross-functional teams.
- Drive sales and bookings analyses seasonally.
- Develop deep knowledge of customer, initiate and share learning with business partners
- Partner with CEO to drive plans for new category opportunities.
- Create and lead development of any special product related projects such as brand collaborations, SMUs, etc.
- Travel to key markets and tradeshows to understand competitive marketplace and customers’ needs.
- Report quarterly on key trends and brand relevance.
- Evolve product point of view and vision as necessary over time to remain appropriately innovative and relevant.
- Lead seasonal and strategic competitive pricing/shopping analysis and present relevant conclusions.
- As needed, travel to key accounts and new business development opportunities to present product line.
- Develop and manage design and merchandising teams and support their career development
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional partners and work collaboratively to achieve financial targets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of management level design and/or merchandising experience
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Deep understanding of the Outdoor marketplace, and the Toad&Co brand and culture
- Elevated taste level; ability to translate creative vision into commercial needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective business partner relationships
- An understanding of global market and the ability to grasp the cultural and commercial nuances
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities; learn on the fly and foster cohesion
- Exhibits a solutions-based, problem solving approach
- Highly analytical
- Collaborative with strong influencing skills
Position:Toad&Co eCommerce Director
Department: Brand & Marketing
Reports To: VP, Brand & Marketing
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Toad&Co is seeking an eCommerce Director with proven experience in accelerating eCommerce sales. This individual will drive the annual online channel plan including forecasting, strategies and campaigns to deliver aggressive revenue and profitability goals. The position requires broad experience and familiarity with online customer acquisition and retention, digital marketing, website analytics, and website interface design. The ideal candidate has a strong strategic orientation and analytical aptitude combined with a hands-on approach.
- Develop and drive online strategy to position brand for significant online sales and digital presence
- Responsible for P&L, including on-going management and reporting
- Day-to-day oversight of online channel including operational strategies, cross functional partnerships and necessary trouble shooting
- Work with existing team to identify opportunities for increased traffic and customer acquisition
- Ensure optimal IA for incoming and repeat site traffic in order to drive maximum revenue per visit
- Continually identify site improvement strategies and new technologies to deliver best-in-class user experience
- Drive customer loyalty and retention campaigns
- Establish and cultivate a culture of test and learn - owning and managing on-going optimization plan
- Define strategic metrics and design reporting workflows to evaluate impact of key initiatives and campaigns
- Identify consumer profiles and behavioral patterns to inform consumer segmentation, content and buying strategy
- Be a market expert on latest trends, solutions and techniques to inform relevant strategies and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business discipline required
- Minimum 13+ years of experience within high transactional eCommerce space and an understanding of the greater eCommerce ecosystem
- Forward-thinking leader
- Experience defining and implementing innovative solutions and content strategies that led to growth within an online channel
- Demonstrated understanding of prospect and consumer eCommerce methodologies, practices and operations across digital devices, including desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.
- Proven ability to utilize quantitative inputs to identify trends and behaviors and subsequent actions to drive improvements in the online channel
- A desire to act as a true team player to help grow a foundational department and proven success driving results through cross-functional collaboration
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic and creative environment
- Possess a high tolerance for flexibility and adaptability
- An ability to take complex issues or technologies and frame them simply for internal and external audiences
- Highly proficient in Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Amazon and/or other marketplaces
Position:Toad&Co Product Developer - Apparel
Reports To: Manager of Product Development
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Product Developer manages the day-to-day deliverables related to development from design hand-off through production. This position will work directly with internal functions: Product, Design, and external vendors to execute to the corporate pipeline calendar. Successful candidate will execute on a process that insures accuracy and efficiency.
- Collaborate with design team to execute styles from initial concept to production.
- Collaborate with design and production teams to source and develop garment trims.
- Manage fit sessions with fit models. Maintain Toad&Co fit blocks, grade rules, and fit consistency across all products. Revise factory patterns as needed to execute fit needs.
- Maintain and communicate accurate proto specification packages, including illustrations and technical sketches, fabric and trims, construction details, patterns, bill of materials, and measurement charts.
- Track all fit samples associated with the product to ensure their movement through the product development process in coordination with the development calendar.
- Work with design and product teams to achieve desired costing and hit stated price point and margin goals while achieving design goals.
- Communicate effectively with factories as their primary contact on the development and confirmation of all styles.
- Review QC issues with Production and factories to evaluate and clarify issues and suggest improvements.
- Travel to factories as needed to review seasonal development progress.
- Understanding of apparel product process from initial tech pack to top of production approval for knits & wovens.
- Knowledge and understanding of garment manufacturing processes.
- 3-5 years of experience in a broad range of sportswear and technical knit and woven garments preferred.
- Patternmaking experience preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to obtain information from various systems.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines.
- Ability and desire to travel.