Working at Toad&Co
Toad&Co is a great place to work. But don't take our word for it, we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Outside Magazine five times!
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and letter to email@example.com
There are currently three positions open at Toad&Co:
VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Toad&Co Sales Operations Manager
Toad&Co Social Media Intern
Position:Toad&Co VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Department: Product Design
Reports To: CEO
Location: Santa Barbara
The Director of Merchandising and Design is the key liaison between the Design, Product Development, Production, Sales and Brand teams working to provide sales growth and margin optimization while ensuring distinctive, brand-right assortments. This position reports to the CEO and manages a team of direct reports.
- Merchandising Strategy & Product Design
- This role will require a thoughtful balance of innovation art and marketplace science, inspiration and analysis.
- Develop strategic merchandising initiatives in conjunction with company business and financial goals.
- Leverage customer knowledge and sales channel strategies for design, category and assortment optimization.
- Develop seasonal line plans to provide clear strategic direction at the beginning of each season on size of line, color, print, fabric, pricing, end use, style and SKU count by class.
- Lead seasonal merchandising & product innovation initiatives, including focused assortments for key accounts.
- Collaborate with Design & Product to drive assortment to hit sustainability goals
- Partner with Product Development to establish & manage master line development calendar & key milestones.
- Lead projections process for finished goods, working to meet sales plans and margin targets.
- Collaborate with sales channel leadership to establish inventory purchase parameters and sales optimization.
- Partner with Sales to create selling tools and catalogs for each season.
- Lead product presentations at Go-To-Market meetings.
- Communicate changes cross-functionally while working within production timeline, liaising with Production.
- Present quarterly and seasonal hindsight (sell in and sell through) and quarterly recaps to cross-functional teams.
- Drive sales and bookings analyses seasonally.
- Develop deep knowledge of customer, initiate and share learning with business partners
- Partner with CEO to drive plans for new category opportunities.
- Create and lead development of any special product related projects such as brand collaborations, SMUs, etc.
- Travel to key markets and tradeshows to understand competitive marketplace and customers’ needs.
- Report quarterly on key trends and brand relevance.
- Evolve product point of view and vision as necessary over time to remain appropriately innovative and relevant.
- Lead seasonal and strategic competitive pricing/shopping analysis and present relevant conclusions.
- As needed, travel to key accounts and new business development opportunities to present product line.
- Develop and manage design and merchandising teams and support their career development
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional partners and work collaboratively to achieve financial targets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of management level design and/or merchandising experience
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Deep understanding of the Outdoor marketplace, and the Toad&Co brand and culture
- Elevated taste level; ability to translate creative vision into commercial needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective business partner relationships
- An understanding of global market and the ability to grasp the cultural and commercial nuances
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities; learn on the fly and foster cohesion
- Exhibits a solutions-based, problem solving approach
- Highly analytical
- Collaborative with strong influencing skills
Position:Toad&Co Sales Operations Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
Location: Santa Barbara
The Sales Operations Manager is mission control for the Toad&Co wholesale sales team. This is a key role providing reporting, support and analytics to the Vice President of Sales and National Sales Manager, with the goal of helping to drive revenue and profitability. As the communication hub between HQ, the sales force and retailers, this role is responsible for management of all wholesale sales assets and tools. It oversees the execution of customer service, order management and inventory management for all accounts. The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for managing and coaching the Dealer Sales Reps. The role works in close collaboration all departments while serving as an ambassador of Toad&Co goals, principles and culture.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Create and provide accurate and effective reporting and analytics to the internal and external sales teams.
- Coordinate with VP of sales to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are understood and met. Report on forecasted shortfalls to goal and help strategically drive plans to make up any gaps.
- Manage effective cross-departmental communications process to ensure support for the sales force and wholesale partners, working toward integrated and effective solutions.
- Communicate all product updates, marketing initiatives and hits, sales programs and Toad&Co messaging to sales force and wholesale partners. Includes writing/collaborating on biweekly blog to retailers.
- Sales Management:
- Assume day-to-day responsibility for ensuring a smooth communication flow and alignment between sales team, internal departments and the outside sales force.
- Oversee Dealer Sales team that provides Best In Class customer service as it relates to relationship building, order management, inventory analysis, shipment tracking and reporting.
- At seasonal order deadlines, lead process for Dealer Sales team to work with reps to pre-plan for key accounts, track down outstanding business and improve orders to achieve sales goals.
- Lead and coach team through annual review, goal-setting and career-development process.
- Manage customer service, support and order management for EDI accounts and most key accounts.
- Drive and manage closeout calendar, cadence and execution. Manage closeout-only accounts.
- Responsible for inventory management as it pertains to resolving oversold issues, shipping mishaps and delays, and web/wholesale transfers. Works strategically with ops and web teams to find solutions.
- Manage sample process and calendar.
- Coordinate and assist in execution of all sales collateral and tools, including workbooks, handbooks, Go To Market binder content, trade show materials, electronic order forms, UPCs and other deliverables as requested. Sales team editor for all dealer-facing collateral.
- Manage Dealer Toolbox (B2B) on an ongoing basis, overseeing the budget, and also coordinate with marketing, web and creatives teams to ensure timely and successful execution of seasonal deliverables.
- Will oversee NetSuite Phase II and III implementation on Dealer Toolbox.
- Team lead from setup through teardown at Go To Market and Outdoor Retailer, including successful delivery of samples, showroom presentation, podium and appointment schedule, and liquid sales events.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6-8 years’ industry experience with sales and/or operations
- Knowledge of the industry and/or account management preferred
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills with an emphasis on successfully managing problems/issues
- Proven success in working with a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- High level of computer knowledge – Proficiency in Microsoft applications required
- Intelligent, self-directing and self-confident leader
- Proven track record of success
- Ability to use independent judgement in performing duties of the position
- Good people and management skills
- Ability to travel and work within varied business hours and weekends, especially during seasonal booking deadlines, key meetings and industry shows
- High degree of integrity
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects or tools. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to engage in repetitive motion using wrists, fingers, hands and shoulders. The employee must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs.
Working Conditions: During special events the position can be physically demanding.
Position:Toad&Co Social Media Intern
Department: Brand & Marketing
Reports To: Director , Brand & Marketing
Location: Santa Barbara
Toad&Co is seeking a Social Media Intern in Santa Barbara, CA. Compelling, shareable content is imperative in today’s digital marketplace and something that Toad&Co fans are eager to explore. The person filling this position will be a key player in keeping our existing community engaged while also recruiting new community members. By collaborating with partner companies, internet influencers and running contest based promotions, the community should grow exponentially with your oversights.
- Write, create and post content to social media networks
- Manage the publishing calendar, messaging, sourcing or creating the visual images for these posts, aligning to the content marketing strategy
- Monitor topics, threads and discussions of company, product and brand on news, Internet and social media
- Measure and report activity and brand presence with the rest of the marketing team
- Propose topics, themes, contests, formats and content that will engage audiences on social media and generate leads
- Serve as in-house expert and resource for all things social media #socialbutterfly
- Curate relevant content to reach audiences most likely to engage with our brand
- Implement best practices for social listening, uploading, tagging, reporting and optimization of channels
- Grow engagement, reach and impact through proactive campaigns and outreach to partner companies and internet influencers
- Track competition activity
- Work closely with most awesome Brand & Marketing team in the known universe
- Hands-on experience with online communities and social networking sites, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter account management
- Experience with various blog platforms (Wordpress preferred) and Photoshop
- Superior writing and copy editing skills including both spelling and grammar
- Undergraduate degree required
- Effective time and project management skills, with ability to organize and prioritize efficiently