64 towns. 1 winner. You decide.
Outside Magazine's Best Towns
contest is back for the fifth year in a row. America's most awesome towns go head-to-head, boasting their best attributes and proving that home really is where the heart is. So whether you're a die-hard local or you just can't stop thinking of that one summer getaway, YOU get to pick which town will be crowned Best Town 2015!
From mountain escapes to beachside getaways, powder hot spots to the dusty roads of the Wild West, Outside put together a bracket of their 60 favorite towns. But here's the catch: They need four more towns to get to the top 64 towns, and they’re looking for your Wildcard Nominations via Instagram. If you have a favorite town with easy access to trails and wilderness, farmers’ markets and craft beers, great 'hoods and friendly neighbors, then get to nominating!
How to nominate
- Upload your photos to Instagram. Use the hashtag #BestTowns2015 on each entry.
- Include the full name of your town and state in the description.
- You can enter as often as you want.
- If your town was one of the top 16 on our 2014 Best Towns list, sorry, it’s time to give someone else a chance.
- First and foremost, enter frequently and encourage your friends to enter too! We’ll keep a tally of the number of posts each town gets.
- Beauty, composition, and vibe in the photo all count. Dull, ugly or ill-framed images will be skipped.
- The number of likes an image gets matters - so tell your friends to like your pictures!
- In the image description, say why your town deserves the Wildcard spot but keep it brief - one or two lines is perfect.
- Wildcard Nominations and voting starts at 8 a.m. EST on April 20, 2015.
- Wildcard nomination and voting ends at 8 a.m. EST on April 30, 2015.
- Start voting on the completed bracket on May 4, 2015.
Beginning May 4, all 64 towns will be up, so vote for your favorite towns. Each week is a new round and you can vote once per round for each matchup. And just to sweeten the deal, we're giving away a new Toad&Co outfit every week to one lucky voter. The winning teams will advance until only two towns remain then we'll have a seven-day showdown to determine Outside
's Best Town 2015!