Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine.
To those who look at each day as an opportunity to blaze a trail for the adventure that is life… we call on high. As devoted evangelists and aficionados of living life to the fullest, we awake each day ready for business. The business of engineering socially and environmentally committed clothing, equally suited for the rigors of the trail or tavern. Because, we hold these truths to be self-evident, that no one should ever have to choose between looking good and doing good. Can we get an amen?
At Toad, we value leadership, passion, curiosity, and integrity - and are unwaveringly committed to the planet and all her people. Are we kindred spirits? Drop us a line by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Current Opportunities – Santa Barbara
NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
Drive brand market share via the wholesale channel through business and industry understanding, existing and new retail partnerships, and sales agency management.
- Create strategic seasonal plan to pursue and achieve sales goals, including at the channel, territory, customer, and sales program levels
- Use professional selling skills, category analysis, and leverage the organization to create and deliver effective and impactful presentations to introduce and sell existing/new products to all accounts
- Manage, inspire and evaluate territory sales agencies to achieve financial and strategic sales goals
- Maintain and build account relationships with key customers by making periodic visits, hosting early and pre-season line reviews, managing order booking process, and proactively addressing in-season needs
- Open new brand appropriate distribution and expand breadth of the assortment
- Manage the integrity of the brand on online marketplaces, i.e. Amazon
- Host and lead national sales meeting process and execution; deliver strategic plans and provide expert market insights to accomplish plans
- Drive trade show process, attend trade shows to meet with key accounts, present the line, and represent the brand
- Motivate in season sales through software partnerships, data analytics, and inventory optimization
- Define sales tools and resources needed to achieve targets, including required budget
- Work with Marketing and Product to execute new in-store and product opportunities
- Manage wholsales opex budget
- Represent the wholesale channel and voice of retailers in the product planning process
- Communicate regularly with Merchandising, Production, Marketing & Executive Management teams on channel needs, sell-through and sell-in developments
- Coordinate with VP of Sales to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are met
- Serve as an ambassador of Toad&Co goals, principles and culture
- Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Sales, or Marketing or related field, or equivalent
- Minimum of 6-8 years of direct sales experience, ideally in the apparel or sporting goods / outdoor industry – particularly sales management and/or business development
- Strong existing relationships with specialty retailers in outdoor, sporting goods, and lifestyle industries desired
- Knowledge of merchandising, buying, product allocation, and retail sales analysis
- Knowledge of the specialty retail industry, consumer buying patterns and retail dynamics sufficient to be credible and influential with customers
ECOMMERCE MERCHANDISING COORDINATOR
As our eCommerce Merchandising Coordinator, you will be responsible for building and merchandising digital content and ensuring content across the site is presented with quality, accuracy, and is true to brand guidelines. You will manage the flow of seasonal product launches and complete the necessary site updates to align with our marketing and content calendar. You will work collaboratively with cross functional teams to support eCommerce related tasks - including the service team, product, design, as well as marketing team.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Implement merchandising strategy that supports the seasonal product vision and optimizes product findability.
- Assist with the day-to-day coordination of eCommerce activities, i.e. product uploads, reporting, and inventory management.
- Analyze engagement metrics (product views, exit rates, adds to cart) against KPIs to understand optimization opportunities.
- Moderate incoming site and product reviews - flagging follow-up requests to the service team as well as identifying and reporting on trends and statistics.
- Monitor online searches (top search terms, zero results searches) and make necessary updates to improve performance.
- Report on top selling styles, colors, categories and trends.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the ToadandCo.com online product catalog. Including deploying product descriptions, images, and tags.
- Build and manage a seasonal calendar that supports marketing initiatives and meets launch deadlines.
- Support Toad&Co loyalty program through updating communication and performance analysis.
- Complete the necessary updates to support SEO strategy.
- Collaborate with project manager, copywriter, and graphic designers to outline site content needs and manage through to execution.
- Implement compelling seasonal and product storytelling on site.
- Track web inventory to understand shortages, identify opportunities, and mitigate risks.
Who You Are:
- You’re passionate about the presentation of products and how to make the best shopping experience for customers.
- Analytical - can compile, analyze, interpret, and present insights based on data.
- Driven and self sufficient, can manage time efficiently without much supervision.
- Care deeply about sustainability and the planet (and her people).
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Naturally curious and willing to learn new skills and delve into problem solving. You’re motivated by finding solutions.
Skills You Have:
- 2-4+ years of experience in a similar role.
- An understanding of e-Commerce UX best practices, content management, and intuitive knowledge of how users interact and shop in a digital environment.
- Experience with Shopify is a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Foundational Excel skills (can build complex formulas, pivot tables, etc.).
- Proficient in Adobe programs, especially Photoshop.
- Knowledge of web optimization file processes preferred.
The Inventory Manager will be responsible for seasonal purchasing calendar and sample coordination. The inventory manager will work with the Operations Director, ecommerce team, production team, and sales team to track and manage all Toad&Co inventory.
- Define a seasonal purchasing calendar in conjunction with the production and sales team.
- Manage seasonal buying process for samples.
- Coordinate sample order quantities with the sales team.
- Provide a complete sample buy to the production department by ship location.
- Assist in coordinating the return of any samples (to warehouse and retail stores).
- Manage bulk production purchasing and reorders.
- Coordinate forecasting calendar to gain visibility into sales trends prior to purchasing.
- Execute on forecasting process with assistance from the sales team.
- Ensure inventory is available to meet customer demand.
- Ensure purchasing process maximizes turn times and cash flow.
- Coordinate inventory planning to ensure appropriate margin calculations and accurate inventory accounting.
- Track product performance and inventory turn rates.
- Coordinate bulk reserve orders for the web and retail channels.
- Work with the web and retail teams to adjust bulk orders based on selling trends to maximize sales potential through all channels.
- Assess excess inventory and work with sales to find outlets for this inventory which maximize returns.
- Systems administration experience.
- Experience with Netsuite a plus.
- Experience in the apparel industry a plus.
- Experience with seasonal buy and inventory planning
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills including minimum two years experience with basic Microsoft Windows operating platform: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Strong time management & organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Adept at changing priorities and working independently on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
Current Opportunities – Freeport, Maine
FULL OR PART TIME SALES TEAM MEMBER
We're looking to add a sales superstar to our team! Do you love getting outside, Toad&Co clothes, and coffee? If so, it sounds like you could be a great fit.
Toad&Co is a sustainable, outdoors lifestyle brand. We're optimistic, fun-loving and committed to making and selling responsible clothing. We offer a great work environment, flexible scheduling, paid time off, generous discounts, and a employee profit share program!
This position is responsible for providing customers with a complete and enjoyable shopping experience. This includes exceptional customer service, assisting in opening and closing duties, maintaining store appearance, and more.
The right person is hardworking, comfortable contributing ideas, and able to jump right into a busy retail environment. You will need to be able to take general guidelines and turn them into action. Retail experience, hopefully in the clothing and/or outdoor industry, is preferred, but not required.
A great attitude is the most important thing! Part-time or full-time opportunities are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You Must Be:
- Reliable, honest, hard-working, and a team-player
- A confident and effective communicator, with customers and co-workers alike.
- Generally excited about the products we offer with a strong desire to learn more.
- Positive attitude and (at least a little) sense of humor
- Available 3-5 days a week. Weekend availability is required.
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of customer engagement
At Toad&Co, we promise a big dose of fun (even if it is work) and an inclusive community where everyone feels welcome. However you identify or whatever your background, if there is a position that feels right up your alley we encourage you to put your name in the hat.