Working at Toad&Co
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounting Manager
Position: Accounting Manager
Reports To: Controller
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Accounting Manager will perform, manage and oversee daily operations of the accounting department. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including Accounts Receivables and Payables, Revenue, Expenses and Bank Reconciliation and Fixed Assets Activities.
- Manage Vendor relationship and communication.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist the Controller in the banking requirements.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases Knowledge of Netsuite is a plus
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to direct and supervise
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance