Working at Toad&Co
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently multiple positions open at Toad&Co:
- Toad&Co Men's Apparel Designer
- Toad&Co HR Generalist
- Toad&Co Production Associate
Position: Toad&Co Men's Apparel Designer
Reports To: Sr. Design Manager
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Men’s Designer is a key contributor to the collaborative design process, driving the growth and success of the men’s business by creating relevant, innovative concepts that speak to the active, casual lifestyle of the Toad&Co customer. Brings skill and passion for creating clothing with a distinctive Toad point of view: relevant yet enduring style balanced with comfort, versatility, function and environmental intelligence. Brings understanding of the outdoor industry, experience working with technical fabrics, outerwear and performance layers. Brings instincts for trends, innovation, pattern, texture and color. Has strong knowledge of fabrics and issues related to sustainability, is knowledgeable about construction, very particular about how clothes fit, and understands highest quality.Responsibilities:
- Work with VP of Design and Merchandising, Sr. Design Manager and Design team to develop seasonal direction and inspiration, identify fabric needs, product concepts, color palette, print and yarn dye concepts
- Create relevant, innovative design concepts. Ensure products meet Toad & Co. principles for balancing comfort, versatility, style and environmental intelligence, are of the highest quality and support overall business strategies
- Effectively communicate and present design concepts through reviews and formal line presentations
- Provide style definition creating tech packs, detailed drawings, BOMs, fabric details, color, trims, yarn-dyes and print patterns; define product function fit requirements
- Design with full awareness of price targets and margin goals. Work with product development and production to source appropriately and to find design solutions to achieve cost, price point and margin goals
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, colour, fabrics, trims, garment construction, washes, finishes, and relevant garment technology
- Communicate effectively with vendors and agents to support relationships and achieve design and environmental goals
- Travel to vendors/factories as needed, to review seasonal development progress, discover new product concepts and maintain good relationships
- Travel for inspiration and market research, trade shows, conferences to expand mind, experience culture, trends and monitor relevant competition
- Ensure that sustainability issues are top of mind and support continuous improvement for the overall sustainability of products and day-to-day business
- Support and contribute to the Toad&Co culture of engagement, optimism, continuous learning, curiosity, fun, team building and giving back to our communities
- College degree in Apparel Design
- 5+ years of relevant design experience
- Excellent proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Excel
- Proficiency in Generation Digital, Photoshop, InDesign and other design software preferred
- Knowledge of patterns and garment construction
- Understand textile construction, finishes and related performance
- Must be detail-oriented, committed to deadlines and able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in open office environment, have a sense of humor and like dogs
Position: Toad&Co HR Generalist
Reports To: President/CEO
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The human resource generalist performs duties at the professional level in some or all of the following functional areas: onboarding, employee relations, training, recruitment/employment, affirmative action, employment law compliance, benefits management, policy implementation. This position requires an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
In this position, it is critical that the employee be confidential, organized, detail oriented and able to prioritize their responsibilities in this ever-changing environment as the duties are assessed on a daily sometimes hourly basis.Responsibilities:
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Notifies CEO of unemployment hearings as necessary.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (posting, reviews applications, interviews).
- Maintains applicant documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Maintains all employee personnel files
- Maintains company organization charts, job descriptions and the employee directory.
- Maintains human resource information system records.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems.
- Reports vacation, sick, personal day and holiday use to payroll and scheduling.
- Partners with employees and management to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings.
- Prepares and maintains the employee handbook and the policies and procedures manual.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Monitors career-pathing and professional development program.
- Facilitates or provides training (including new-employee orientation) to the workforce.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and ensures they are done promptly (i.e., three months, six months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary adjustments/increases.
- Administers the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- High school diploma (equivalency certificate).
- 3- 5 years of Human Resources Exposure / Experience.
- Courteous when dealing with employees & external organizations.
- Highly Confidential due to the sensitivity of data.
- Able to perform responsibilities with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- Well organized and able to carry out assignments with moderate supervision.
- Interpersonal Skills
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks of varying degree of importance
- Participative management style - advocates team concept, while being comfortable working independently as a self-starter
- Ability to get along well with diverse personalities – tactful – mature – flexible. Both internal & external relationships.
- Ability to establish credibility & be decisive but able to recognize & support the organization's preferences & priorities
- Results & profit oriented with the ability to balance other business considerations
- Strong Employee Relations skills
- Requires responsibility, initiative & the ability to recognize opportunities & seize them.
- Varying degrees creativity & latitude is expected
- Open Minded; able to set aside personal feelings
- ethical, patient, good people skills, team player
- Techincal Skills
- Strong, thorough knowledge of State & Federal Laws & Regulations
- Strong knowledge of standard or commonly used concepts, practices & procedures
- Strong analytical & reasoning abilities
- Strategic development & planning skills
- Keeps abreast of current trends & practices in field of expertise
- Strong numeric skills
- Relies on experience & judgment to plan & accomplish goals
- Communication Skills
- Able to maintain confidential information, both verbal & written
- Able to communicate with all levels of employees & clients, including decision-makers
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to communicate complex transactions in simple, understandable terms
- Able to develop & deliver presentations
- Leadership Skills
- Able to lead, direct, motivate others
- Good team building skills
- Must take initiative & ownership
- Visionary skills
- A change agent
- Able to Coach/Mentor/Teach
- Business Skills
- Strong computer skills
- Microsoft Operating System Applications
- HRIS Application
- Able to meet deadlines
- Able to plan short & long term
- Able to work in a fast paced & rapidly changing environment
- Accuracy & precision, interest in business, organized, willingness to follow recommended policies & procedures
Position: Toad&Co Production Associate
Reports To: Sr. Director of Supply Chain
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Production Associate will manage the day-to-day deliverables related to development allocation, factory capacity planning, factory production timelines, order placement and front-to-back quality control. This position will work directly with internal functions: Product, Design, Planning & Sales and external vendors to execute to the corporate pipeline calendar. Successful candidate will execute on a process that insures efficiency and delivery precision.Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Sr Director of Supply Chain to create the sourcing strategy to accommodate current business needs as well as long term supply chain growth.
- Help to manage relationships with factories (and agents where applicable).
- Work with internal cross-functional peers to execute to a seasonal calendar for sample and bulk production.
- Work closely with Design, Materials & Product on initial style & material allocation and development trouble shooting.
- Drive the purchasing process including materials commitments, addressing materials and factory minimums, production capacity, and lead-times.
- Assist with seasonal cost negotiations.
- Write and execute on purchase orders (samples and bulk production).
- Coordinate the transition from the development of our materials at the mills to the purchasing and delivery of those goods to the factories.
- Support transition of goods to freight forwarder & data input/tracking in Netsuite.
- Manage excess materials inventory and stock fabric programs.
- Measure the performance of all factories and put appropriate strategies in place when vendors are not meeting performance goals.
- Address any quality issues with the factory, manage charge backs if necessary and ensure measures are taken to correct the issue.
- Work with internal & external teams to drive Sustainability initiatives related to production.
- Working knowledge of garment and textile manufacturing processes.
- Understanding of apparel product process from concept through to order delivery from the factory for knits & wovens.
- Working knowledge of knit fabric characteristics.
- Working knowledge and understanding of forecasting, buy planning, and capacity planning.
- 5-7 years of experience in a broad range of sportswear and technical knit and woven garments preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to obtain information from various systems.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.