Working at Toad&Co
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounting Supervisor
- Materials Manager
Position: Accounting Supervisor
Reports To: Controller
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Accounting Supervisor will perform, manage and oversee daily operations of the accounting department under the direction of the Controller. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including Accounts Receivables and Payables, Revenue, Expenses and Bank Reconciliation and Fixed Assets Activities.
- Manage Vendor relationship and communication.
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist the Controller in the banking requirements.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Working experience as Accountant or Accounting Supervisor.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases Knowledge of Netsuite is a plus.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise with guidance from the Controller .
- 2-6 years’ experience preferred. BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance.
Position: Materials Manager
Reports To: Sr. Director of Supply Chain
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Materials Manager is the point person for all matters related to materials that go into each Toad&Co product and is responsible for developing, sourcing, and reporting on each material and its sustainability seasonally. The Materials Manager initiates new developments which are appropriate for the brand aesthetic, sustainability and quality standards. As the primary factory contact for fabrics, the Materials Manager ensures that each factory has clear information and specs that allows them to provide materials that meet Toad&Co requirements for function, performance, quality and aesthetics as well as all needed certifications and information to verify sustainability claims. Materials Manager must understand the technical aspects of textiles, finishes, washes, dyeing and printing and can work with our vendors to achieve desired qualities as well as troubleshoot, problem-solve and challenge as needed. The Materials Manager works closely with the VP of Merch & Design/Design team, Marketing and Production to meet sustainability initiatives, aesthetic and margin goals.
- Drive innovation.
- Bring new, unique & brand appropriate fabrics to Design/Product team.
- Initiate, research, source, develop and track fabrics from initial concept to production.
- Identify requirements for performance, quality and cost.
- Communicate effectively internally with all members of the product team acting as the hub of materials development and help Toad&Co to continually offer innovative and sustainable fabric options to its customers.
- Assist design team on technical issues regarding artwork and textile limitations to meet desired aesthetic.
- Monitor Toad&Co materials sustainability strategy and goals to align with company values set by leadership team.
- Ensure that all new and previous developments are adhering the Toad&Co sustainability guidelines.
- Conduct seasonal verification with vendors for all certifications and fibers as needed.
- Annual reporting of materials impact on goals. Work with third parties on sustainability tools (Textile Exchange, OIA and SAC).
- Supply Chain
- Develop and maintain long-term supplier relationships built on transparency and trust.
- Primary point of contact for Toad&Co in communicating with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier’s capabilities and development opportunities.
- Assist with sourcing and costing strategy for each season and supplier based on order volume and capacity.
- Communicate cross-functionally on any issues impacting production and evaluate any QC issues.
- Work with vendors on communication to help prevent and clarify any QC issues.
- Maintain Toad&Co RSL, MRSL and Softlines Manual and work with vendors on understanding and compliance.
- Seek out and evaluate new vendors to bring to Toad&Co that meet aesthetic, quality, social and sustainability initiatives.
- Create, maintain and manage complete records for all materials in PLM.
- Issue requests, track and check all seasonal developments for color and quality to ensure timely movement through the product development process.
- Create and maintain a library of relevant materials by fabric type & vendor that is well-organized and searchable.
- Support and Assist Marketing & Sales Teams
- Provide accurate technical fabric descriptions for seasonal workbooks.
- Provide fabric and sustainability education for sales teams and marketing teams on seasonal developments.
- Help with wording and accurate descriptions for fabrics and products to ensure accurate communication through to end consumer.
- Travel As Needed
- Travel for material R&D as well as vendor sight visits to monitor and partner on sustainability initiatives.
- Travel to educational opportunities for sustainability to ensure Toad&Co is following best practices and at the forefront of sustainability.
- Maximum 10% travel.
- Knowledge of fiber, dye, finishing and textile manufacturing equipment and processes.
- BS or higher education plus 5+ years experience in material development, supply chain, sourcing or sustainability position. Strongly prefer textiles related degree.
- Basic understanding of sustainability and LCA impact on material decisions throughout supply chain.
- Knowledge of sustainability industry practices and third parties guiding sustainability in the apparel industry (SAC, TE, ZDHC etc.)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to obtain information from various systems.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and PPT.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- Detail oriented with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.