Working at Toad&Co
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are currently multiple positions open at Toad&Co:
- Toad&Co VP of Merchandising and Product Design
- Toad&Co eCommerce Director
- Toad&Co National Sales Manager, Specialty Retail
- Toad&Co Business Intelligence Manager
- Toad&Co Supply Chain Specialist
Position: Toad&Co VP of Merchandising and Product Design
Department: Product Design
Reports To: CEO
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Director of Merchandising and Design is the key liaison between the Design, Product Development, Production, Sales and Brand teams working to provide sales growth and margin optimization while ensuring distinctive, brand-right assortments. This position reports to the CEO and manages a team of direct reports.Responsibilities:
- Merchandising Strategy & Product Design
- This role will require a thoughtful balance of innovation art and marketplace science, inspiration and analysis.
- Develop strategic merchandising initiatives in conjunction with company business and financial goals.
- Leverage customer knowledge and sales channel strategies for design, category and assortment optimization.
- Develop seasonal line plans to provide clear strategic direction at the beginning of each season on size of line, color, print, fabric, pricing, end use, style and SKU count by class.
- Lead seasonal merchandising & product innovation initiatives, including focused assortments for key accounts.
- Collaborate with Design & Product to drive assortment to hit sustainability goals
- Partner with Product Development to establish & manage master line development calendar & key milestones.
- Lead projections process for finished goods, working to meet sales plans and margin targets.
- Collaborate with sales channel leadership to establish inventory purchase parameters and sales optimization.
- Partner with Sales to create selling tools and catalogs for each season.
- Lead product presentations at Go-To-Market meetings.
- Communicate changes cross-functionally while working within production timeline, liaising with Production.
- Present quarterly and seasonal hindsight (sell in and sell through) and quarterly recaps to cross-functional teams.
- Drive sales and bookings analyses seasonally.
- Develop deep knowledge of customer, initiate and share learning with business partners
- Partner with CEO to drive plans for new category opportunities.
- Create and lead development of any special product related projects such as brand collaborations, SMUs, etc.
- Travel to key markets and tradeshows to understand competitive marketplace and customers’ needs.
- Report quarterly on key trends and brand relevance.
- Evolve product point of view and vision as necessary over time to remain appropriately innovative and relevant.
- Lead seasonal and strategic competitive pricing/shopping analysis and present relevant conclusions.
- As needed, travel to key accounts and new business development opportunities to present product line.
- Develop and manage design and merchandising teams and support their career development
- Establish strong relationships with cross functional partners and work collaboratively to achieve financial targets
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of management level design and/or merchandising experience
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Deep understanding of the Outdoor marketplace, and the Toad&Co brand and culture
- Elevated taste level; ability to translate creative vision into commercial needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to maintain effective business partner relationships
- An understanding of global market and the ability to grasp the cultural and commercial nuances
- Ability to interact with multiple departments and with employees at all levels
- Strong organizational skills and ability to set priorities; learn on the fly and foster cohesion
- Exhibits a solutions-based, problem solving approach
- Highly analytical
- Collaborative with strong influencing skills
Position: Toad&Co eCommerce Director
Department: Brand & Marketing
Reports To: VP, Brand & Marketing
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Toad&Co is seeking an eCommerce Director with proven experience in accelerating eCommerce sales. This individual will drive the annual online channel plan including forecasting, strategies and campaigns to deliver aggressive revenue and profitability goals. The position requires broad experience and familiarity with online customer acquisition and retention, digital marketing, website analytics, and website interface design. The ideal candidate has a strong strategic orientation and analytical aptitude combined with a hands-on approach.Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive online strategy to position brand for significant online sales and digital presence
- Responsible for P&L, including on-going management and reporting
- Day-to-day oversight of online channel including operational strategies, cross functional partnerships and necessary trouble shooting
- Work with existing team to identify opportunities for increased traffic and customer acquisition
- Ensure optimal IA for incoming and repeat site traffic in order to drive maximum revenue per visit
- Continually identify site improvement strategies and new technologies to deliver best-in-class user experience
- Drive customer loyalty and retention campaigns
- Establish and cultivate a culture of test and learn - owning and managing on-going optimization plan
- Define strategic metrics and design reporting workflows to evaluate impact of key initiatives and campaigns
- Identify consumer profiles and behavioral patterns to inform consumer segmentation, content and buying strategy
- Be a market expert on latest trends, solutions and techniques to inform relevant strategies and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business discipline required
- Minimum 13+ years of experience within high transactional eCommerce space and an understanding of the greater eCommerce ecosystem
- Forward-thinking leader
- Experience defining and implementing innovative solutions and content strategies that led to growth within an online channel
- Demonstrated understanding of prospect and consumer eCommerce methodologies, practices and operations across digital devices, including desktop, mobile, tablet, etc.
- Proven ability to utilize quantitative inputs to identify trends and behaviors and subsequent actions to drive improvements in the online channel
- A desire to act as a true team player to help grow a foundational department and proven success driving results through cross-functional collaboration
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic and creative environment
- Possess a high tolerance for flexibility and adaptability
- An ability to take complex issues or technologies and frame them simply for internal and external audiences
- Highly proficient in Google Analytics, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience working with Amazon and/or other marketplaces
Position: Toad&Co National Sales Manager, Specialty Retail
Department: Wholesale Sales
Reports To: VP of Sales
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
- Own and operate the Specialty Retailer channel
- Create and execute Specialty Retail Distribution Strategy to grow revenue at the National level
- Increase sales with current customers (Specialty Outdoor)
- Increase/expand distribution with Lifestyle Specialty Retailers (e.g. fashion, footwear, etc.)
- Manage, train, and hold accountable Sales Agencies to execute on national sales strategy and tactics
- Pioneer/support new sales programs and opportunities through combination of entrepreneurial, creative, and strategic skills
- Build network of retailer relationships to create future sales pipeline of ideas and opportunities
- Serve as an ambassador of Toad&Co goals, principles and culture
- Create strategic plan to pursue and achieve Specialty channel sales goals, including at the channel, territory, customer, and sales program levels
- Collaborate and execute “disruptive” Specialty Retail programs such as Multi-Channel and Partner stores to grow Specialty channel revenue
- Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate sales agencies to achieve financial and strategic sales goals
- Open new distribution and expand breadth of the assortments across all categories at Specialty retail
- Define the sales tools and resources needed to achieve targets, including Sales Programs and T&E budget
- Coordinate pre-line meetings and retailer meetings; represent the voice of retailers in product planning sessions
- Maintain and build account relationships with key customers by making periodic visits; exploring account needs and proactively addressing issues; provide support at all trade shows and regional shows.
- Communicate regularly with Merchandising, Production, Marketing & Executive Management teams on sell through & sell in developments and status to ensure maximum planning and ability to react appropriately
- Host and lead GTM Sales Meeting process and execution; provide expert market insights at GTM meeting
- Coordinate with VP of Sales to ensure monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets are met; report on shortfalls and create plans to make up any gaps
- Use professional selling skills, category analysis, and leverage the organization to create and deliver effective and impactful presentations to introduce and sell existing/new products to all accounts
- Work with Marketing and Design to execute new in-store and product opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Sales, or Marketing or related field, or equivalent
- Minimum of 6-8 years of direct sales experience in the apparel or Sporting Goods Industry – particularly sales management and/or business development
- Strong existing relationships with specialty retailers in Outdoor, Sporting Goods, Lifestyle industries desired, including knowledge of merchandising, buying, product allocation, and retail sales analysis
- Knowledge of the Specialty retail industry, consumer buying patterns and retail dynamics sufficient to be credible and influential with customers
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to work with various groups both internal and external
- Excellent organizational and presentation skills and attention to detail required
- Proven success in working with a dynamic and ever-changing environment
- Entrepreneurial, intelligent, self-directing, and self-confident leader
- Ability to travel and work within varied business hours and weekends, especially during seasonal booking deadlines, key meetings and industry shows
- High level of computer knowledge – Proficiency in Microsoft applications required
- Ability to use independent judgement in performing duties of the position
- Strong people and management skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands and fingers, handle, or feel objects or tools. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must be able to engage in repetitive motion using wrists, fingers, hands and shoulders. The employee must be able to lift at least 30 lbs. and push, pull, or drag up to 50 lbs.
Working conditions: During special events the position can be physically demanding.
Position: Toad&Co Business Intelligence Manager
Reports To: VP of Operations
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Business Intelligence Manager is responsible for providing data driven analysis to validate and inform business decisions and strategies. The Business Intelligence manager will help identify and implement process improvement strategies based on findings. This role will ensure effective company and department KPI’s are in place and work with the leadership team to measure performance against these. The Business Intelligence Manager will work with appropriate team members to identify and implement strategies to improve KPI’s when necessary. The BI role will also inform inventory purchasing strategies as well as in season inventory management to optimize opportunities in an omni channel environment. This is a truly cross functional role that is integral to the success of the organization.Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate company and department KPI’s in ERP/BI tool.
- Review KPI’s regularly; identify KPI’s that are not tracking to goal; work with appropriate team members to develop a strategy and timeline to close the gap.
- Ensure executive visibility and communication on KPI’s.
- Work with users to ensure dashboards within the ERP reflect proper role based KPI’s and alerts.
- Ensure consistent data filters for key metrics companywide.
- Provide analysis and recommendations around new business opportunities.
- Help identify areas for process improvement. Assist in implementing and documenting new processes.
- Provide data analysis and executive summaries on product performance for product milestone meetings.
- Assist sales team in providing recommendations and product presentations for key account meetings.
- Drive the seasonal forecasting process with sales reps and internal channels to facilitate materials and production planning.
- Work with the marketing team to review KPI’s and strategy to achieve the highest ROI on initiatives.
- Coordinate sales sample buys with internal departments.
- Execution of bulk inventory seasonal buys; analysis of demand, forecasts and minimums to determine final buy quantities.
- In season inventory analysis to maximize inventory opportunities in all channels (whls, retail, web).
- Identify long inventory positions and develop strategy with sales teams to sell through product at the highest possible margin.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes.
- Attention to detail with strong follow through. Must be able to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate in written and verbal form with a diverse audience.
- 5+ years of experience in the outdoor or apparel industry preferred.
- Inventory management experience preferred.
Position: Toad&Co Supply Chain Specialist
Reports To: Operations Manager
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
This role will assist with systems data management, reporting and supply chain management. The Supply Chain Specialist will be responsible for data management as it relates to logistics, supply chain and inventory. This includes oversight of shipments from factories through customs to our warehouse and back out to customers; data management in our ERP and communication across departments and channels to ensure smooth season launches.Responsibilities:
- Supply Chain Management
- Manage inbound flow of product to ensure on-time arrival
- Manage 3rd party relationship with the freight forwarder and warehouse
- Update seasonal trackers to ensure visibility
- Monitor inbound and outbound flow of inventory and communicate across channels within the organization to ensure on-time shipping to customers
- Manage Systems Data
- Manage style information including assigning style numbers and color codes
- Upload all style information into NetSuite and ensure all data is complete and accurate
- Provide UPC files as needed
- Regular reporting in NetSuite to ensure all style records, customer records and order records are accurate and complete
- Some systems administration including reporting, data monitoring and issue troubleshooting
- Assist in some report building within NetSuite that aid in Supply Chain visibility
- Provide inventory reporting on a bi-monthly basis
- Work with the web team to ensure data is flowing accurately between our ERP and the website
- Assist the product team with line planning tools, data and metrics. Provide seasonal line planning template and re-populate data per the calendar
- Provide product performance reports for the product department
- Work with the finance team to assist with data and reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Analytical and decision making skills with the ability to approach solutions thoughtfully
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, with understanding of pivot tables, advanced formulas and data manipulation
- Strong computer skills including minimum two years’ experience with basic Microsoft Windows operating platform: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong time management & organizational skills
- Experience with data management in an ERP such as NetSuite a plus
- Experience in the apparel industry a plus