Working at Toad&Co
Toad&Co is a great place to work. But don't take our word for it, we've been named a "Best Place to Work" by Outside Magazine eight times!
Our headquarters is located in beautiful Santa Barbara, California. We also have a retail store in Freeport, Maine, and a retail location called Lizard Lounge in Portland, Oregon.
To those who look at each day as an opportunity to blaze a trail for the adventure that is life… we call on high. As devoted evangelists and aficionados of living life to the fullest, we awake each day ready for business. The business of engineering socially and environmentally committed clothing, equally suited for the rigors of the trail or tavern. Because, we hold these truths to be self-evident, that no one should ever have to choose between looking good and doing good. Can we get an amen?
Do you think you'd make a great member of our team? If you feel you're qualified for any of the positions listed below, or just want us to know what you've got to offer, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Accounting Manager
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
The Accounting Manager will perform, manage and oversee daily operations of the accounting department. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Ensure the timely reporting of all monthly financial information.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting department including Accounts Receivables and Payables, Revenue, Expenses and Bank Reconciliation and Fixed Assets Activities.
- Manage Vendor relationship and communication
- Maintain financial security by following internal accounting controls.
- Work with the Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit.
- Assist the Controller in the banking requirements.
- Ensure the monthly and quarterly Bank Compliance activities are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Support Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- An employee will be required to follow any other job-related duties required by the manager
Qualifications & Skills:
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Working experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, accounting software and databases Knowledge of Netsuite is a plus