Roe v. Wade: Our Next Steps at Toad
We are devastated to see Roe v. Wade overturned and for the dire consequences that it will have on communities nationwide. Empowering all people to live their fullest lives is core to who we are as a brand, and we believe in reproductive justice for all.
Starting immediately, we will be matching all employee donations to Planned Parenthood. Moving forward, 20% of online sales from a Friday of each month will be donated to Planned Parenthood – and we'll be doing the same at our flagship Toad&Co store in Freeport, Maine. This will serve as a continuous reminder of what we can’t take for granted – reproductive freedom and the fundamental right for people to make informed decisions about their own bodies. This is not a moment in time, but an ongoing fight, and organizations like Planned Parenthood need us more than ever.
We encourage you to take a moment to check in on friends and loved ones. We all need a little extra support right now and can take comfort in knowing that we’re all in this together.
We've put together this list of resources, which is by no means exhaustive. Please feel free to add your comments on our Instagram post so we can add to this list.
- National Network of Abortion Funds - An organization that helps source local funds/organizations for a specific location. You are also able to donate directly to them and they split up your donation amongst 80 different national abortion funds.
- WRRAP - The largest national, independent, nonprofit abortion fund. They work to assist people who are financially unable to pay for safe, legal abortions or emergency contraceptives.
- The Brigid Alliance - Prioritizes individuals who need abortions after 15 weeks of pregnancy. They have access to an “ecosystem of support organizations” that serves as a trusted point of contact to help individuals coordinate their abortion, pay for travel, help with childcare, and whatever else they may need.
- Keep Our Clinics - Provides funding to smaller independent clinics to cover expenses like legal fees, increased security, building repairs, community education, and advocacy.
- NARAL Pro-Choice America - A non-profit that fights for abortion rights and reproductive education and "fights back against harmful restrictions that threaten our access to reproductive healthcare and the ability to make our own decisions about pregnancy.”
- National Women’s Law Center - Works to co-author legislation regarding women's rights, working with media outlets and the entertainment industry to prevent misinformation regarding reproductive rights and litigation in favor of reproductive freedom.