Valentine's Day is for loving those who matter most in your life. So in the spirit of our constant love for our planet, we're celebrating this day by sharing a few ways to send a little extra love to your Mother (Earth).
1) Swap one household item from disposable to reusable. For example, trade in a roll of paper towels for a cloth rag (bonus points if you repurpose an old t-shirt).
2) Get this week's groceries from your local Farmer's Market (psst: don't forget to bring your own bags).
4) Make Valentine's Day cards with old materials lying around your house. (Hint: we've even got a blog on it)
5) Clean up your local park or hiking trail by collecting a few pieces of trash on your next outing. It’s a double whammy — you’ll feel good doing it and your community will thank you.
6) Save precious resources by shortening your shower or biking instead of fueling up your car. She’s got a lot to give but it’s on us to save finite resources for future generations.