#CampToad Eats: Campfire Foil Packs
What’s better than a tasty meal cooked from the comfort of your own home? A tasty meal cooked in the great outdoors, using nothing but the heat of a raging campfire. The tradition of cooking with fire goes way back (watch some Chef’s Table for the inspo you didn't know you needed), and there are lots of nifty techniques to make your camping feast dreams come true.
One favorite Toad technique is beloved for its beautiful simplicity and undeniable goodness. It’s called the “campfire foil pack” and all it requires are some delicious ingredients wrapped up into packets of tin foil, then thrown over the coals to cook for 20-30 mins. Here are five campfire foil pack recipes that will change the way you cook outdoors for ever and ever.
- Fajitas - Bell Peppers, onion, garlic, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cowboy Chili - Ground beef (or your fave vegan alternative), onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Veggie Medley - Potato, cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Breakfast Mania - Sausage, potato, onion, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mac and Cheese - Noodles (pre-cooked), Alfredo sauce, cheese, salt and pepper.
See? Easy as can be, and the possibilities are truly endless. So you have more time to spend on the rest of the good stuff: like the perfect margarita, the right tunes, and the most epic s'mores.
And when you're packing up and packing out, remember this: How to recycle aluminum foil.